- Highlands Memorial Day Ceremony: At 10 a.m. the public is invited to join in a short Memorial Day ceremony in front of the Highlands police station. Join us as we recognize out community service members and pay respects to our fallen soldiers. Tell your friends. Price: Free, rain or shine.
- Cashiers Memorial Day Ceremony: At noon the public is invited to join the VFW Post 10685 for a Memorial Day Observance at the Gazebo at Village Green.
- The Village Green Nature Series: At 5:30 p.m. on May 28 The Village Green Commons will host The Village Nature Series “Hooked on Trout.” An educational program that promotes conservation sponsored in collaborations with the Highlands- Cashiers Land Trust. The series of presentations highlights distinct cultural natural features of the area. For more information, please click HERE or call 828.743.3434.
- The Village Green Locally Grown: From 3-6 p.m. on May 29 at The Village Green Commons Locally Grown on the Green will be held. A Farm stand for local growers that is “produce only” meaning that the vendor must be the grower or producer of ALL the products they sell. Fill your baskets with naturally raised meat and dairy items, fresh eggs, jams, pickles, freshly baked break and delicious granola. Set your table with fresh cut flowers that morning or plant your entryway with locally grown perennials. Always fresh. Always Local.
- Old Edwards Inn Orchard Sessions: 7-9 p.m. on May 30 at The Farm at Old Edwards Inn presents Orchard Sessions at The Farm Live, an outdoor concert at The Orchard. Enjoy light bites and a cash bar; featuring Chatham Rabbits. Price: $10 Cover Charge, free to Old Edwards hotel guests.
- Highlands-Cashiers Players Presents: Calendar Girls: At 7:30 p.m. on May 30 through June 2, the Highlands-Cashiers Players will be putting a show that has friskiness, laughter and a surprising amount of tenderness in their production of “Calendar Girls.’ For tickets, click HERE or call (828) 526-8084.
- Groovin’ on the Green: 6:30 p.m. on May 31, The Village Green presents Groovin’ on the Green featuring Andrew Scotchie & The River Rats. Picnics are welcome; food, beer, and wine are available for purchase. Dogs are welcome and must be kept on a leash at all times. Attendance is free, donations are encouraged.
Friday Night Live: Southern Highlands: From 6–8 p.m. on May 31 in Town Square, the Highlands Chamber of Commerce Presents: Friday Night Live Highlands 2019 Outdoor Concert Series Featuring: Southern Highlands. Cost: Free.
- The Bascom Community Day (Formerly Family Day): 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. on June 1, Come join The Bascom on the outdoor terrace for a day of interactive art activities, demonstrations, exhibits and outdoor fun! Among other activities, there will be: story telling from Cowee Sam series by the author, Claire Suminski, 3-D Pen Drawing with the Hudson Library, Read 2 Me StoryWalk on The Bascom Nature Trail, face painting and so much more! Price: Free.
- Saturdays on Pine Outdoor Concert: Train: 6-8 p.m. on June 1 at Kelsey-Hutchinson Park, the Highlands Chamber of Commerce Presents: Saturdays on Pine Highlands 2019 Outdoor Concert Series Featuring: Train, sponsored by Landmark Realty Group. For more information, click HERE. Cost: Free.
- National Trails Day with Friends of Panthertown: 9 a.m. on June 1 at both Salt Rock Gap trail head in Cashiers and/or Cold Mountain Gap trail head in Toxaway the Panthertown Valley Friends of Panthertown will celebrate National Trails Day with hiking, biking, running, exploring in a family-friendly day. More information can be found at either trail head on the morning of June 1. To learn more about Friends of Panthertown, click HERE.
- BREC Youth Development Soccer Camp: The objective of our 3 day youth development soccer camp is to provide the player the opportunity to have fun while learning the fundamental techniques necessary to play the game. The program is focused at individual skill development with a technical curricula that is specific to age and ability.Dates and Times:Rising 2nd thru rising 8th GradersJune 10-12 (Monday – Wednesday) 8:30 a.m. to noon.Report to BRHS Soccer Field between 8-8:20 a.m. each day.Registration Information:The camp costs $35 (pre-registration)/$50 (if register day of). T-SHIRT INCLUDED! Pre-register at the main office of the school by June 3rd. Registration the 1st day of camp will be allowed. HOWEVER, T-shirt size cannot be guaranteed without early registration.Please send completed registration form to Coach Pressler at Blue Ridge and give check (money-order) made PAYABLE to Blue Ridge Early College, to Mindy In the Office For more Information contact:
Coach Nickalus Pressler 828-508-4562
Camp staff: Current and former BREC varsity soccer players
Camp T-Shirt included in registration fee.
- The first-ever Red, White, and Blue Ridge 5K Race at 8:30 a.m. on July 4 at the Cashiers Recreation Center. A kids half-mile race will take place at 8 a.m. For more information click HERE.
- The Village Green Locally Grown From 3 -6 p.m. June 5 The Village Green Commons Locally Grown on the Green A Farm stand for local growers is “produce only” meaning that the vendor must be the grower or producer of ALL the products they sell. Fill your baskets with naturally raised meat and dairy items, fresh eggs, jams, pickles, freshly baked break and delicious granola. Set your table with fresh cut flowers that morning or plant your entryway with locally grown perennials. Always fresh. Always Local.
- Highlands Chamber of Commerce Presents Friday Night Live with Tallulah River Band: From 6-8 p.m. on June 7 Town Square Highlands Chamber of Commerce Presents: Friday Night Live Highlands 2019 Outdoor Concert Series Featuring: Tallulah River Band. Price: Free.
- The Bascom hosts First Friday Meet and Greet: From 4-5 p.m. on June 7 The Bascom’s Greehy Atrium will hold First Friday Meet and Greets. Come out and meet our June Pop Up Shop Series Artists: Edward Kellogg, Matt Tommey and Sang Roberson. Price: Free
- The Village Green Groovin’ on the Green presents: The Wobblers: At 6:30 p.m. on June 7 The Village Green Groovin’ on the Green Live music will feature The Wobblers. Picnics are welcome; food, beer, and wine are available for purchase. Dogs are welcome and must be kept on a leash at all times. Attendance is free, donations are encouraged.
- The Bascom at Highlands Sotheby’s host June’s featured artists: From 4-5:30 p.m. on June 7 the Bascom at Sotheby’s Highlands Location welcomes all to come out and meet their June featured artists from the Highlands-Cashiers Art League’ Price: Free
- The Bascom and Highlands PAC present: ‘Great Art On Screen: Monet’: From 5:30-7:30 p.m. on June 7 The Bascom and The Highlands PAC Present: ‘Great Art On Screen: Monet’ at the Highlands PAC, with an optional dinner after at El Azteca. Film Ticket Price Only: $16 on-line or at the door. Call El Azteca to make private reservation and mention GAOS.
- Cashiers Community Library hosts author Ron Nash: At 3 p.m. on June 7, the Albert Carlton-Cashiers Community Library hosts its’ Author Talk Series: Novelist Ron Nash. New York Times best-selling author Nash will speak as an author of fiction, poetry and novels. Cost: Free.
- Twilight 5K: The Twilight 5K Race is at 6 p.m. on August 17 at the Kelsey Hutchinson Founders Park in Highlands, N.C. The course is undulating, beginners or walkers will find it friendly, yet the faster runners will be challenged. Parking will be available around the Kelsey Hutchinson Founders park.