- Talent Show: Summit Charter School’s annual talent show will take place on Friday, March 6 at the Summit Center. This is a celebration of the gifts students bring to Summit and beyond. The event begins at 6 p.m. For more information, please contact the school at 828-743-5755.
- Highlands Pool Dive-In Movie: Come have a night on the water at the Highlands Pool for our Dive-In movie nights! This month’s selection is Aladdin. Dive-In’s are on the first Friday of every month from 6:30-9 p.m., movie plays at 7 p.m.. Float in our 83°F pool or enjoy your free bag of popcorn and relax on the side while watching great movies. Call 828.526.1595 for movie title and more info.
- Summit Lacrosse Clinics: Summit Charter School will host three lacrosse clinics for boys and girls in grades 3-5 and 6-10 on Saturday, February 29, Saturday, March 7, and Saturday, March 14. The clinics are open to the public and will take place at the Summit Soccer Field in Cashiers.
- Join Dr. Sue Aery for 5 simple steps to boost your family wellness at 8 p.m. on March 9. Click http://bit.ly/DrSueHealthyFamily to join the meeting. Call Aery Chiropractic & Acupuncture at 828.526.8493 for more information.
- Heritage Apple Day: Cashiers Historical Society 13th annual Heritage Apple Day will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 14 at Cashiers Community Center. Featured speaker is Tom Brown, North Carolina’s modern-day Johnny Appleseed. No charge- free apple trees for all, apple snacks, and craft projects. Call 828-743-7710 for more info.
- Highlands Nature Center: Catch up on all the spring buzz! Join the Highlands Nature Center from 1-2 p.m. for Nature 101: Buzz About Bees as we get to know our native bees a little better. Through a short introduction and a walk around campus, we’ll find out what “weeds” are actually perfect for pollinators and discover some tricks for being bee-friendly. To participate in this free event, meet at the Highlands Nature Center, 930 Horse Cove Rd. The event is weather dependent. The Highlands Biological Station is a multi-campus center of Western Carolina University. For more information, please call 828.526.2623.
- Satolah Spring Benefit: Support the Satolah Volunteer Fire Department at the Annual Spring Benefit at 5 p.m. on March 28. Bluegrass music begins at 6 p.m. For more information contact Kelly Dendy at 828.371.2669 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three Potters Symposium: This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Three Potters Symposium on June 6, from 10 a.m. to noon and 1-4 p.m. As we look back at the many exceptionally talented artists and memorable moments of past Symposiums, we are excited about this year’s Three Potters Symposium theme of wood fired pottery. Josh Copus, along with Neil Hoffman, and Shikamura Taskeshita will demonstrate various hand building and wheel throwing techniques combined with discussion about sourcing different types of wild clay, and the wood fire kilns the artists use to create the magical surface of the wood fired vessel. $50 – pre-registration required. For more information, please contact Frank Vickery at email@example.com.
Registration open for Red, White, and Blue Ridge 5K: Please join us for the second Red White & Blue Ridge 5K on Saturday, July 4 in beautiful Cashiers, North Carolina. This flat and fast 5K is a great way to start the holiday and all proceeds benefit the programs of Blue Ridge Early College. To all of you that supported the race in its inaugural year, thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again with a host of friends this year. Click HERE to register.