The Town of Highlands announced the following closures today to limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Town Hall is closed to the public until further notice. All residents can make utilities payments with the Town utilizing its online feature HERE, then select Bill Pay OR depositing your payment in our Town Hall utilities payment drop box located outside Town Hall.
- All residents are encouraged to conduct other business with the Town, where possible, by calling the Town offices at 828.526.2118 during normal business hours (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.).
- All Town Recreation Facilities are closed until at least Monday, March 30.
- The Town Board of Commissioners Meeting for Thursday night, March 19, along with all other Town boards and committees meetings are canceled until further notice.
- The community coffee with the mayor, scheduled for Friday, March 27, has been cancelled.
All essential town services remain open, including trash collection.
A link to corona virus information will be available on the town website HERE.