The Cashiers/Glenville Recreation Center reopened this week after closing its doors back on March 16 because of COVID-19.
Rec Center Site Manager Eric Farmer said restrictions are in place to operate safely.
- Only 12 people allowed in building at one time.
- Must preregister by phone the day before you plan to workout. Call 828.631.2020, ext. 0.
- Visits are limited to one hour.
- Masks must be worn throughout the building and can be removed after beginning strenuous exercise.
- No equipment will be lent out for the gym.
- Showers and water fountains are closed.
- Wipe down the machines before and after use, wipes and sanitizer are available.
- Fitness Room, Track, and Gym are open; Aerobics Room is off limits.
The hour time slots do not begin at the top of each hour, said Farmer. After each hour time slot, Rec Center staff spend 15 minutes disinfecting the entire facility.
“After each hour, we’ve built-in 15 minutes to make sure there’s nothing lingering and it’s clean and ready to go for the next group of 12,” said Farmer. “But remember to call the day before you work out to register.”
- Sat. 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- 1 -6 p.m.
Farmer said after six months of being closed, people are excited to get back to their semi-normal routines.
“It’s time for people to get exercise again,” he said. “It gives relief from the stresses of everyday life. It’s a public service that’s a huge asset to the community who are trying to get some normalcy back in their life.”
For more information on the Rec Center click HERE.